We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and caring environment for our children, their families, and our community.
About Snowdrop Montessori
- We have two classrooms at Snowdrop with nine children in each classroom.
- Each classroom has a Montessori trained lead teacher.
- Enrollment is for five days a week with full day (8:30AM – 3:00PM) and extended day (8:30AM- 6:00PM) options.
- We are open year round. Our school year begins in September and runs through August.
- We love getting outside in all kinds of weather, and walk to several local parks and playgrounds in our neighborhood each day.
How Do We Envision Montessori at Snowdrop
- We believe that children are intrinsically good.
- We believe that the natural state of children is positive and that children will do the right thing if given the opportunity.
- We believe children are intrinsically peaceful and thrive in gentle environments that allow children of differing ages to interact with less conflict and more joy.
- We believe children are intrinsically motivated to learn and that this motivation blossoms in conducive learning environments.
The Montessori Toddler Environment
During the first three years of life, a child’s brain absorbs more information from the environment than at any other part of his lifetime. Every sight, sound, touch, taste, and smell is taken in and processed. It is an amazing, wondrous period in a tiny, complete human being’s life.
The Montessori Toddler environment provides a safe, calm, carefully designed setting for optimal learning that nurtures the physical and spiritual being. Sensory, cognitive, language, social, and cultural activities address the natural tendencies of the child’s developmental process. Even at this early stage, a child is soon able to make choices for his own independence.